Thursday, May 28, 2009

Freedom is not Free


I just got back from spending Memorial Day weekend in our Nation's Capitol. What a time to be in a city where the history of our country seems to seep from the sidewalks. It was so beautiful and so inspiring. We visited museums, memorials, monuments and ended the trip in Arlington National Cemetery. Throughout the entire weekend I couldn't help think back to a few years ago when I took this picture of this saying that is etched into the wall on a war memorial near the Lincoln Memorial. "Freedom is Not Free" I know I for one take the everyday freedom that we have for granted. I don't think about the ease, convenience, and fearless way we live our lives because men and women have given their lives so that we can live free. I am grateful for them. For their service. And for the families that are left behind. And I am grateful for the reminder to me this week to embrace life and the freedoms we enjoy because truly, it isn't Free.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment